|Challenger League Registration Info|
|Fall 2013/Spring 2014 Season Information|
|Registration is now open for the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 - Challenger League|
player and team registration deadline for the new season is
quickly approaching. If you are interested in
coaching a Youth Competition Soccer team this year, please read the
appropriate information below carefully and completely.
All coaches and assistant coaches coaching in the Competition programs are required to have a coaching license.
All coaches and assistant coaches on Challenger League, State
Competition & X-League teams are required to hold an E license.
coaches and assistant coaches on State competition teams that coach
multiple teams in the State competition program are required to hold a
D license. License waivers are available for coaches who do not
currently have a coaching license. Waivers are good for one season, and
may only be granted to an individual once in a lifetime.
the waiver is expired, the coach will no longer be allowed to coach
until they receive their coaching license. D waivers may only be
granted to coaches who already hold an E license. Coaches who coach
more than one team, must have a licensed assistant coach for each team.
There is an E license course schedule for June 17, 18, 20 &
22nd. The cost is $125, NUU will reimburse 50% upon completion of the
Check the UYSA website for more info: http://www.utahyouthsoccer.net/coaches_admin/ussfelicensecourse.aspx
Top of Page
Minimum and Maximum Roster size
- Challenger League teams, U9 - U11 play 8v8 and must have a roster between 8 and 14 players.
- Challenger League teams, U12 - U16 play 11v11 and must have a roster between 11 and 18 players
- Challenger League teams, U17 - U19 play 11v11 and must have a roster between 11 and 22 players - with special game day roster requirements.
If you are holding a tryout to fill your roster, please post your tryout information on our website by going to either the "Challenger League" or the “UYSA State League" page and look on the left for the ‘Tryout Ad Form.’
team wanting to attend summer tournaments should make every effort to
have their player and team registration done as soon as possible to
ensure that your registration is processed in time for your tournament.
Challenger League Registration Fees
Note: No Field Fees will be due this year. They are now included in the player registration fees.
- U9-14 | $65.00 / year
- U15-19 | $40.00 / 1 season
- Spring Only | $40.00
Top of Page
for all competition games are to be paid in CASH on the field. A
comprehensive breakdown of referee fees you will need to collect and
the cost per game will be included in registration information that
will be sent to you.
You must get field approval for use of all fields. Your
team registration will not be accepted without the appropriate field approval signatures.
We suggest that all coaches work with their teams to
make sure that we are respectful regarding the use of these fields to
help us ensure that we may continue to keep these fees as low as
possible. Please make sure that your team picks up all trash before
leaving the fields, and be cautious not to play on overly wet fields,
or encourage any activities which may result in damage to the playing
fields. Field Representative information is at the bottom of this page (Click Here).
Information and Forms you may need to register your team:
Top of Page
|Team Registration Instructions|
|NOTE: The Team Registration Deadline for the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 season is Friday, June 21st.|
- Contact us- Once you have decided you would like to register a team, please contact Terri Baker at (435) 753-8202 or send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Team Name
- Team Age/ Gender/ Play Level (Challenger League)
- Head Coach’s name/ phone number/ e-mail address & Team Manager’s; name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Your proposed home field.
will then send you Registration instructions for online player and
coach registration, team registration information, team assignment
codes, and other important information by e-mail. You will not be able
to register your team without this information.
- Player and Coach registration
will be done online, and will be due by Friday, June 21st. Once your
initial team information is received by the Registrar (step 1. Above),
we will send you, by e-mail, a list of team assignment codes, a URL
(web address), and additional information and instructions. These team
assignment codes are unique, one for every spot on your team roster;
and one for the Head coach, assistant coaches, and team manager (the
assistant coach assignment code can be used multiple times). Each
player and coach will then get online and fill out the appropriate
forms, pay applicable fees, and enter their specific team assignment
code which will put them directly on your team’s roster. This must be
done by Friday, June 21st at 8:00 pm. Coaches will no longer need to
collect individual player fees, players will pay their own player fees
online for the entire year, as part of the online registration process.
- Team registration is due
to the Registrar and must be received by Friday, June 21st at 8:00 pm.
Any team registrations not received by the deadline, will be
considered late. Late teams will need to be approved by Northern Utah
United’s competition board and will be charged a $50 late fee, and run
the risk of not being accepted. Team registration consists of:
- A Registration Checklist signed by the Head coach, and with the appropriate field authorization signature.
- Any Multiple roster forms, if applicable
- Coaching Waivers, where applicable
- Pictures (these may be uploaded online or submitted electronically or on a disk).
- Birth Certificates for all players (*more information will be available in the Registration instructions)
NOTE: team must have a minimum number of players on the roster and a Head coach to complete the team registration.Top of Page
|Field Representative Information|
Top of Page
- Logan City fields - Contact Katie Hollingsworth for field approval at 753-0513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Logan fields
(Elk Ridge and Meadow View) - Contact Travis
Clements for field approval at 753-2410 or email@example.com.
- Cedar Ridge - Contact Morey Maughan for field approval at 563-8260 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cub River Sports Complex - Contact Terri Baker at 753-8202 for field approval
- Nibley fields
- Contact Allan Haycock at 787-8541 or at
email@example.com for field approval and field usage policies.
- Brigham City and Perry City fields - Contact Stephanie Bennett for field approval at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bear River area school fields - Contact Sherrie Anderson for field approval at: 435. 275-0485 or email@example.com
- Hyrum fields - Brian Tippets for field authorization at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providence fields - Sherry Ward at Providence city for field authorization at 752-9441.
- River Heights fields - Mike Nelson for field authorization at: email@example.com
- Mendon fields - Steve Baker for field authorization at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College/Young Ward fields - Jon Kelly for field authorization at: email@example.com
|Player photos must be uploaded to the Affinity Sports
(ADG) system for each of your players. This can only be done by team
administrators (coaches, assistant coaches, and team managers) or by
registrars. Just click on any of the links for Affinity Sports on this website to log into your account.|
remember that player photos should be head or head and shoulder shots
only, with no hats or funny faces. They should be like passport photos.
Helpful hint: as you are cropping photos, if you will set your
crop parameters to 100 wide and 120 height, your photos will not be
distorted when you print your game day rosters.
If you need help uploading your photos, feel free to contact
Terri Baker or send them to her by email and she will be happy to crop
and upload them for you.
Top of Page
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|How Far can players play-up in age? |
U9 / U10 can only play up 1 year. U11 - U14 can play up 2 years, and
players U15 and older are unlimited. Play up is determined by the
player’s actual age and the age of the oldest player in the division
they will be playing in. (ie: a U11 player can play up to a U13 team,
unless the U13 team is playing in a U14 division). U13 & U14
players cannot play up into a High School division.
What forms of payment can we use to pay our online fees?
accept Mastercard, Visa, Discover cards, and e-checks, which allow you
to take funds directly from your bank account. All team and field usage
fees must be paid by check or cash directly to the league registrar
during team registration. If you have any additional questions
regarding payment options, please contact Terri Baker at 753-8202.
When will the online registration be open so I can start registering players?
Online registration is open. You can start having your players register as soon as you receive your team assignment codes.
Who should I contact with additional questions?
Terri Baker, Programs Administrator for NUU and Registrar for NUU and Infinity Soccer.
Office: (435) 753-8202, Cell: (435) 770-6536; or e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail at: 472 E. Center, Smithfield, UT 84335.
Top of Page
|Affinity Sports (ADG)|
|NUU utilizes Affinity Sports to register and manage our Schedules
and Player database. To access your team's information or to register
your team or players for Challenger League play you will use this
provider. To log into the website you will need a Sports Affinity username and password. |
Click Here or on their logo to the
left to access this system.